Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lent

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent and takes place 46 days before Easter. Lent is a time of repentance, prayer, soul-searching and everyone's favorite self-denial or fasting. For Lent you are supposed to give up something and it doesn't have to be food. It can be anything from food to electronics and when craving/struggling God and the Bible is where you turn. The time you would spend doing what you gave up is time you are to give to God. This year I decided to give up sweets, which includes but is not limited to: cake, ice cream, milkshakes, cupcakes, candy (jelly beans count), etc. This is really hard for me... I am struggling not to replace sweets with other not so health items (like bread!). I have also decided to look into Steven and my eating habits, what we eat and how good it is for us. Our bodies and habits represent God and there is so much crap in food today!
 I will post on my findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment